1 Bottle Dry White Wine (750-milliliter)
3 Cloves Garlic (crushed and roughly chopped)
2 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
2 Tablespoons Shallots (chopped)
1 Cup Half-and-Half
1-1/2 Cups Yogurt Cheese (divided, recipe follows)
1 Lobster Tail (8-ounce)
2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts (toasted)
2 Tablespoons Fresh Basil (chopped)Plus additional minced fresh basil for garnish
1 egg (beaten)
24 Wonton Wrappers (4-inch squares)
1/4 Cup Fresh Parmesan (finely grated)
1. Pour bottle of wine into a non-reactive saucepan.
2. Add the 3 cloves crushed and chopped garlic and the shallots.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until liquid is reduced to 1 cup.
5. Strain through a fine strainer into another non-reactive saucepan.
6. Add the half-and-half and simmer until thick; do not let boil, stirring often.
7. Whisk in 1 cup of the yogurt cheese to thicken.
8. Simmer until just heated through.
9. Remove from heat and keep warm.
10. Preheat the broiler.
11. Split the lobster tail lengthwise and then sprinkle it with the lemon juice.
12. Place the lobster under the broiler and cook until done which is approximately 5 minutes.
13. Let it cool.
14. Remove from shell then slice into 1/4-inch circles.
15. Set aside.
16. In a food processor combine the pine nuts, the remaining 2 cloves garlic, and basil in a food processor and blend until smooth.
17. Fold the pesto into the remaining 1/2 cup yogurt cheese.
18. Arrange 4 wonton wrappers on a sheet tray.
19. Place 1 circle of lobster on each wonton and then top with a teaspoon of the pesto filling.
20. Leave a 1/4-inch border all around the wonton.
21. Brush the wonton wrapper with the beaten egg.
22. Top with another wonton and press firmly with a fork all the way around edges.
23. Cover ravioli with a damp cloth and repeat until you have made 12 ravioli.
24. In a large pot of simmering water, drop ravioli, in batches as necessary, and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
25. The ravioli are done when they rise to the top.
26. Remove them with a slotted spoon and toss with the sauce.
27. Sprinkle with Parmesan and the minced basil.
1 pint plain non-fat yogurt
1. Line a strainer with the cheesecloth.
2. Place the strainer over a bowl.
3. Pour the yogurt into the cheesecloth.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
5. Discard the liquid in the bowl.